As many AMD eyefinity users, I struggled to get my eyefinity properly working with the new Omega 14.12 AMD drivers. It took me like 10 hours of desperate tries of pretty much anything that got into my mind that could solve the problem (dozens of installations and uninstallations with Display Driver Uninstaller). The important part is - it works like a charm now.
What was the problem - eyefinity screens going black
- an installation (doesn't matter if clean) of 14.11.1 beta caused screens go black
- an installation (doesn't matter if clean) of 14.11.2 beta caused screens go black
- an installation (doesn't matter if clean) of 14.12 omega caused screens go black
- if you had installed 14.12 omega drivers with eyefinity group disabled and then you've reenabled it - AMD Catalyst Control Center has gone crazy, it has kept refreshing itself like bugged; and after a restart, screens were black again
- if you had done a clean install of 14.12 omega drivers - after creating a new eyefinity group, you could have wrong resolution (like me - 5760x1088px) AMD Catalyst Control Center has gone crazy, it has kept refreshing itself like bugged; and after a restart, screens were black again
- if you had installed 14.12 omega drivers and got black screens anyhow, you unplugged one of your eyefinity screens and it worked, but never with all screens plugged it
Basically, eyefinity struggled to work in many cases ever since 14.11.1 beta, therefore also with 14.11.2 beta and the new 14.12 omega drivers.
The solution for eyefinity with 14.12 omega drivers
The only solution that worked for me was pretty straightforward:
- Clean installation of 14.9 drivers and a restart, then setting up a new eyefinity group and all the other stuff in Catalyst Control Center (pixel format...).
- Installation (without uninstalling previous version) of 14.11.1 beta and a restart
- Installation (without uninstalling previous version) of 14.11.2 beta and a restart
- Installation (without uninstalling previous version) of 14.12 omega and a restart
- Done, there is nothing else you need to do
I don't know if the restart is necessary, it's just my habbit to do a restart after a driver's installation or update.
What I know for sure is that a clean installation of either 14.11.1 beta, 14.11.2 beta or 14.12 beta DOESN'T WORK at all.
You always must install 14.9 first, then 14.11.1, then 14.11.2 and then 14.12, in this order. I tried pretty much everything including going from 14.9 directly to 14.12, it just did not work.
And this is the heartwarming moment (sorry, my CCC is in Czech)...
Ok, anything else?
Nope, that's it. Just thanks AMD for these great drivers, such a performance boost just like that, for free. That's what I call a great drivers. I would just be glad if I didn't have to look for a way how to get new drivers working for hours, so AMD - you know what's your job.
And if you make use of this little help, leave me a comment to let me know how that works for you!